Breakfast Hawaiian Pizza with Ham, Eggs, Cheese and Pineapple
Try making this exotic, but easy, taste sensation with kids. Encourage them to try the yummy salty-sweet combo of ham and pineapple. –RR
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound breakfast ham, chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 store-bought pizza crust, such as Boboli brand (12-inch)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 fresh cored pineapple, diced
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add EVOO. Add ham and cook for two minutes.
Beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add to ham, and scramble (cook, stirring until no longer runny).
Place the pizza on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Top with the scrambled eggs, ham, cheese and pineapple. Bake until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly, 12-15 minutes.
Cut into eight pieces and serve.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.