Broiled Tomato Crostini
Thyme accents toasted tomato crostini. Serve with Tuscan Pesto-Dressed Penne with Crispy Kale and Garlic.
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 12 1/2-inch-thick slices multi-grain batard or other crusty, long, 3-inch-wide loaf
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
Pre-heat the broiler.
Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet and dress with the thyme, salt and pepper and drizzle with EVOO. Broil until charred at the edges, 10 minutes. Chop the tomatoes and reserve.
Just before serving, char the toasts on each side, rub with the cut garlic, drizzle with EVOO and top the toast with the chopped, broiled tomatoes.