Caesar Lettuce Cups
These are like mini Caeser salads! You might also want to try out Thai Lettuce Cups.
- 2 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 3 anchovies
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, one finely chopped, just separate the leaves on the others
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
On a baking sheet, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of EVOO, some pepper and 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Bake them in the oven until golden brown to make croutons.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with one turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the anchovies and cook for about a minute to melt them. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the pan until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so, then add the Worcestershire sauce and the finely chopped romaine. Toss to wilt the lettuce and squeeze in the lemon juice.
Remove the pan from heat and add the croutons and the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Toss to combine.
To serve, lay the separated romaine leaves out onto a platter, then scoop some of the chicken-crouton mixture onto each leaf.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.