Cajun-Style Mashed Potatoes
Fold into Rach’s Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips.
This is only one of ten ways to transform the above recipe. Check out the rest:
- Sharp Cheddar and Dijon Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- BLT Mashed Potatoes
- French Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Basil Pesto Mashed Potatoes
- Mexican-Style Mashed Potatoes
- Cheddar, Horseradish and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Butternut Squash and Sage Mashed Potatoes
- Herb Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper, Scallion Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 12 ounces smoked Andouille sausage, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup celery, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup green peppers, cut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- A couple dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a skillet and brown the sausage, 4-5 minutes. Remove to a plate and remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat. Add the onion, celery and green peppers and sauté until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
Return the sausage to the pan and add in the Creole seasoning, thyme and a couple dashes of hot sauce.
Gently fold the mixture into hot mashed potatoes and parsnips. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.