Serve wih Apple, Potato and Onion Hash.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 thick-cut slices sweet, whole-grain bread, such as oat-nut bread
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sharp Canadian cheddar, shredded
Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a small pan. Add tomatoes and scallions and season with salt and pepper. Sauté 2 minutes then stir in cream and let it reduce 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and melt it. Add bread and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter. Cook bacon in the same pan in a drizzle of EVOO. Cook Canadian bacon 2-3 minutes on each side. Place the bacon on the bread and add 1 more tablespoon butter to the pan. Melt butter then add eggs, careful to give each room to cook. Fry until soft or hard, as you like. Cover eggs with mounds of cheese. Foil tent the pan and melt the cheese. Place cheesy eggs on bacon. Ladle tomato cream sauce down over the entire egg stack.