Caponata and Herb Polenta
Topping over herbed polenta is a colorful and tasty way to serve Caponata.
- 1 1/2 quarts Caponata (half of recipe)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups mixed greens (optional, for salad)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (optional, for salad)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) (optional, for salad)
Bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the polenta and stir constantly until the polenta masses together. Stir in the herbs, butter, cheese, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the caponata in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Spread the polenta out over a serving platter. Make a shallow well in the center out and fill with caponata.
If you prepare a salad, keep it simple: dress mixed greens with vinegar, EVOO, salt, and pepper.