Cavatelli with Sauteed Broccoli, Garlic, and Sun Dried Tomatoes
John’s wife Liz took an old Food Network recipe and made some tweaks to make it her own, delicious reinvention.
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 pound cavatelli, cooked according to package directions
- Freshly grated pecorino Romano
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat and once hot, add the garlic and cook stirring, until pale golden. Add the broccoli, salt, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Meanwhile cook the pasta and transfer it to the saucepan. Toss to combine and serve topped with cheese.