Celery Salad with Olives and Bresaola
We started with Celery Salad with Olives & Bresaola and then we had Pici with Artichoke Sauce.
- 1 or 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch arugula, cleaned, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced caperberries
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage leaves
- Leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- Cerignola olives, for garnish
- Gaeta olives, for garnish
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced bresaola (air-dried beef)
In a large bowl, toss together the celery, arugula, caperberries, sage, rosemary, lemon juice, and EVOO to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the salad on a platter. Garnish with the olives and lots of shavings of Parm (use a truffle shaver or a vegetable peeler). Loosely top half the salad with the bresaola.