Celery Succotash Salad
This easy, colorful, healthy salad is delicious with Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza as well as with burgers. It also holds up well for picnics and barbecues.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey (a healthy drizzle)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole celery heart, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces)
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small or medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, lemon juice and vinegar. Whisk in EVOO and season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the celery, carrots, corn, chickpeas, peppers, onions and thyme. Toss to combine the salad and adjust salt and pepper, to taste.