Chicken and Potatoes in the Oven
Peppers add a little pizazz to this roasted rosemary chicken and potato dish.
- 1 package chicken pieces, bone-in, skin-on or 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces (2 thighs, 2 legs, 2 breast pieces cut in half)
- 1 1/3 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 8-10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- A healthy drizzle of the liquid or juice found in a jar of hot peppers (use any kind of peppers such as hot yellow pepper rings, hot cherry peppers or whatever you keep in your fridge)
Preheat oven 425°F.
In a roasting pan, combine the chicken, potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Drizzle liberally with EVOO and season with some salt and pepper. Toss the chicken pieces to coat them thoroughly, then place them in an even layer on the bottom of the roasting pan.
Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with a little hot pepper juice and top with a couple of the yellow hot pepper rings.