Chicken and Vegetable Tagliatelle
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, grated on the large side of the box grater or finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled then grated or finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pound egg tagliatelle
- A handful grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for passing at the table
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
In a large skillet, heat the oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet, skin-side down. Cook until the skin is crispy and the chicken is golden, 4-5 minutes per side; transfer to a baking sheet (reserve the skillet) and bake until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let the chicken rest while you make the sauce.
Add the vegetables and garlic to the skillet; season and cook, stirring often, until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add the stock and simmer, using a fork to coarsely mash the vegetables. Add the parsley.
Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and thinly slice. Salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Add half a mug of the starchy cooking water to the sauce.
Drain the pasta and toss with sauce, a handful of cheese and a fat drizzle of EVOO. Serve in shallow bowls, passing more cheese at the table.