Chicken Caesar Pizzas
Your favorite salad meets pizza!
- 1 1-pound ball fresh pizza dough or 4 personal size store-bought pre-baked pizza crusts
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cooked or grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced, or 1/2 pound store-bought rotisserie chicken, meat pulled
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus some for garnish
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 small hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400˚F.
Lightly flour a work surface. Divide the dough into four equal portions and shape into individual rounds. Place the doughs onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle each with the shredded provolone. Pop them back into the oven until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes more.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic, juice of 1 lemon, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste, Pecorino Romano cheese and lots of coarsely ground black pepper. Whisk the EVOO into the dressing in a slow, steady stream.
Add the lettuce and chicken to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve up the salad on top of each individual crust.