This is one of Rachael’s variations on chicken cutlets; this easy recipe will become a regular on your dinner recipe rotation.
- 2 chicken cutlets (6-8 ounces each), pounded thin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, cut into thick slices
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices
- 24 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high heat.
Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Drizzle with EVOO and balsamic vinegar and place on grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. There shouldn’t be any pink in center of the chicken breasts.
Take off the grill and place on two separate dinner plates. Top with tomato and mozzarella slices, and garnish with basil, a drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper.