Chicken Noodle Pasta Toss
Kind of like chicken noodle soup without the soup, this budget-friendly meal can be made in no time!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, cut into matchsticks
- 2 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 box frozen peas (10 ounce box), defrosted
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil for the egg noodles.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6-7 minutes. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pan and cook until the veggies start to soften, 3-4 minutes. Toss the zucchini into the pan along with some salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until all the veggies are tender.
While the meat and veggies are cooking, drop the noodles into the boiling water and cook to al dente, according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and return them to the pot they were cooked in. Add the butter to the pot and give everything a good toss to melt the butter and coat the noodles.
To serve, spoon some noodles into bowls and top with the chicken and veggie mixture.