- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 hot cherry peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls)
- 2 tablespoons juice from hot pepper jar
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into large chunks and season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning. Add one tablespoon EVOO to the hot pan, about one turn in a slow stream. Set chicken into pan and do not turn for 2-3 minutes, or you will tear the meat. Brown chicken three minutes on each side; remove all of the chicken to a warm plate.
Add bell peppers, hot peppers and garlic to the pan. Sauté the peppers and garlic for five minutes, tossing and turning them frequently. Add wine to the pan and reduce one minute. Scrape up the pan drippings.
Add the chicken stock and bring it up to a bubble. Set the chicken back into the pan. Toss the parsley with the chicken and peppers and cook the chicken through, 2-3 minutes, and scatter a little hot pepper juice over the pan.
Serve the Chicken Scarpariello over a bed of Orzo with Parsley and Lemon Zest or other pasta.