Chicken with Orange, Sweet Vermouth and Tarragon Egg Noodles
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded no more than 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- About 1/2 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, divided
- 1/4 cup tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 4 slices orange or blood orange
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet vermouth
- 1/4 cup orange or blood orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the egg noodles and peas.
Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and dredge in flour.
Add oil, 3 turns of the pan, to the skillet and add chicken. Brown and cook through, 8 minutes, turning occasionally; remove to warm platter.
Add egg noodles to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add peas and cook 2-3 minutes more to al dente. Drain and return noodles to the pot. Toss with 2 tablespoons butter, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper.
To chicken pan, add orange slices and brown, then add shallots and garlic. Stir 1 minute or 2, add vermouth and reduce 1 minute. Add orange juice, stock and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; swirl.
Top the chicken with the orange slices and spoon the reduced sauce over top, serve with noodles alongside.