Chilaquiles with Chorizo, Black Beans and Eggs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive or corn oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, cut from casings
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, puréed
- 1 cup Corona or Dos XX beer
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried Mexican oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Avocado Purée:
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- Toppings: chopped cilantro, radish matchsticks, crumbled Queso Fresco, thinly sliced scallions, pickled jalapeño peppers
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Cut the tortillas into 3 fat strips, spray with cooking spray and a toss loosely on 2 baking sheets lined with wire racks. Roast tortillas for 10 minutes until deeply golden and crispy. Salt while hot and reserve.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Add chorizo and brown and crumble; add onions and garlic, and cook to soften. Add beans and chipotle purée then add beer and evaporate by half. Add tomato sauce, season with cumin, oregano and cinnamon, and simmer a few minutes to thicken.
In a food processor, purée avocado with sour cream and lime juice. Salt to taste.
Melt butter over medium heat and cook 1 egg per portion over-easy or to desired doneness.
Divide tortilla strips among 4 plates and top with chorizo and beans, chopped cilantro, radishes, Queso Fresco, scallions and pickled jalapeños. Top chilaquiles with an egg and serve avocado cream on the side.