Chinese Chicken Salad
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the dressing:
- About 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (great for using the bottom of the jar*)
- About 4 tablespoons boiling water
- About 2 tablespoons each ketchup, Tamari or soy sauce, and honey or light Agave
- About 1 tablespoon each Chipotle Tabasco or Sriracha sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime, grilled or caramelized if not ripe
- About 1/3 cup peanut or canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small head Savoy or Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 small gem Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on angle
- 2 radishes, matchsticks or thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow, red or orange carrot, cut into matchsticks or thinly sliced
- 1 cup combined mint leaves and cilantro or parsley, torn or coarsely chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded and meat pulled or sliced or 3 cups thinly sliced grilled chicken breast or thighs
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts and toasted sesame seeds
- Chili sauce or oil, for drizzling
*When using the last of peanut butter, I add 3-4 tablespoons of boiling water to the jar then I replace lid and shake to loosen the peanut butter to use in sauces and dressings.
If using up the bottom of the peanut butter jar, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of boiling water to the jar, replace the lid and shake to loosen. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and give it a shake. Or, whisk ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Adjust salt and pepper, hot sauce and sesame oil to taste.
In a large mixing bowl, combine veggies and herbs, and dress with half the dressing. Arrange on a platter, top with chicken and remaining dressing, and garnish with nuts and sesame seeds, and a couple drizzles of chili sauce or oil.