Chinese Rice Bowl
This rice bowl is made with tofu, which is made from soybeans and is really good for you.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain white rice
- Store-bought vegetable spring rolls (optional)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce), plus more for dipping spring rolls
- 2 teaspoons-1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped with kitchen scissors into small pieces
- 1 pound medium or firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add rice and return to a boil. Place lid on pot and reduce heat to simmer; cook until tender, about 18 minutes.
If you would like to serve some vegetable spring rolls with this rice bowl, prepare them while rice is cooking according to package directions, in a toaster oven or microwave.
In a bowl, combine Tamari, sesame oil and scallions. Add tofu and toss to coat in sauce.
Using a large ice cream scoop, place scoops of plain rice in bowls and top with tofu and sauce, then sprinkle the bowls with sesame seeds to garnish.
Serve alone or with spring rolls on the side with extra Tamari for dipping.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It’s good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.