Chipotle Fish Tacos
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey or light agave syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds mahi mahi or any sustainable meaty white fish
- About 1 tablespoon pimentón (smoked sweet paprika)
- About 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and granulated garlic
- About 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- About 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Grill spray, olive oil or canola oil
- 16 soft corn tortillas
To serve: Small lime wedges, sliced avocado dressed with lime, shredded Savoy or Napa cabbage, cilantro tops and sliced, pickled jalapeño peppers
In a food processor, combine sour cream or yogurt, lime juice, garlic, honey or agave and chipotle in adobo. Process until very smooth then place in a squeeze-top bottle or chilled dish.
Preheat grill, grill pan or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Place fish in shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine spices then season the fish liberally on both sides.
Spray the pan and the fish or drizzle with oil. Cook fish to opaque and cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
Char tortillas on the grill or over a flame, or toast in a hot, dry skillet. Keep warm in a dish lined with a cloth napkin or thin towel.
Set up fixings and build tacos: Grilled fish, lime juice, cabbage, avocado, cilantro, flaked fish, chipotle sauce and pickled jalapeños. Serve grilled corn with lime-hot sauce butter or rice and beans alongside.