It’s so easy to make fudge at home for a great hostess gift! Start with chocolate and add nuts, marshmallows or any other personal fave.
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional mix-ins: chopped nuts, dried fruits, mini-marshmallows
Line a pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat the chocolate on a double boiler on the stovetop. Heat the condensed milk, vanilla and salt on the stovetop in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat and stir until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and combine –the mixture will be thick and hard to stir. Add the chopped nuts and/or other mix-ins and pour into the lined pan.
Allow the fudge to cool in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 3 hours or overnight.