Cinco de Mayo Mexican Bowl
Pups will enjoy this well-balanced, healthy meal any time of the year.
Check out more pet-friendly recipes!
Note: Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup canned beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
In a small skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, beans and turmeric and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the tomato and stir to combine. To serve, sprinkle with the cheese.