Rach’s favorite salad is the inspiration for this loaded BLT blue chesse burger.
- 8 slices smoky bacon
- 4 ounces blue cheese (try a smoked blue if you can find it)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin or turkey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices ripe beefsteak tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 brioche hamburger rolls, split and toasted
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, stemmed
- 4 thin slices red onion
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan or rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 15-17 minutes.
Pre-heat a cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, stir together the blue cheese and butter.
In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, Worcestershire, parsley, some salt and lots of pepper. Form into four patties, thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking.
Drizzle the hot pan with EVOO. Add the patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium-rare beef or 12 minutes for turkey.
Season the tomato with salt and pepper. Dress the avocado with the lemon juice.
Place the burgers on the bun bottoms and slather with the blue cheese butter. Layer with the bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion and bun tops.