Coliflor con Anchoas: Roasted Cauliflower, Chiles, Anchovies, Pine Nuts
Browned in butter and accented with lemon juice and zest is a delectable mix of cauliflower, dried fruit, anchovies, and toasted pine nuts.
- 1 pound cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 Serrano chile finely sliced or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 anchovy filets, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries, cranberries or raisins
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat until the butter begins to brown, add the cauliflower and sauté until nicely browned and tender, about 6 minutes. Add the pine nuts, chile, anchovy and dried cherries and sauté for another minute. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, add lemon juice, lemon zest and deglaze with white wine vinegar. Finish with cilantro and serve immediately.