Corn Muffins with Bacon Bits and Cheddar Cheese
These savory muffins can be served at breakfast or brunch or alongside a pork chop dish, such as Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Pork Chop with Cider Gravy, and Sautéed Apples and Onions.
- A drizzle extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 box corn muffin mix, plus ingredients listed on package for 1 batch muffins
- 1 rounded teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/3 pound brick sharp yellow cheddar, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
Pre-heat the oven, according to the muffin mix package directions.
Drizzle a little EVOO into a small skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the hot pan and crisp, 5-6 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
Prepare the muffin mix and a muffin tin according to the package directions. Stir in the paprika, chives, cheese and crisp bacon bits. Fill the muffin tin and bake until golden brown.