Cornbread and Chorizo Stuffing
Toasted cornbread cubes, crispy chorizo and fresh parsley make a traditional five-ingredient stuffing that is full of flavor and zest!
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 large corn muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes (you can also use cornbread stuffing cubes)
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 cups turkey stock or canned low sodium chicken broth
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Place the cornbread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden in color and slightly dried out, about 15-20 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Add the onion and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Add the toasted cornbread cubes, parsley and stock to the bowl and gently mix. (use your hands if you like – it’s fun!). The mixture should be moist but not soggy; add a little more stock if you like your stuffing wetter.
Season the stuffing with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Place in a 9-inch x13-inch buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. (To keep the stuffing moist; cover the top loosely with foil while it bakes.)