I made Crab Rolls with a crab salad tossed with roasted pepper dressing. I also made classic Lobster Rolls for Tommy and John.
ROASTED PEPPER DRESSING
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- About 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Celery salt
- Black pepper
- 3/4 to 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked through for any bits of shell
- 1 small or 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, minced
- 4 brioche lobster rolls, split, or split-top hot dog rolls
- Butter, for the rolls
- Chopped lettuce
Char the pepper over an open flame on stovetop or under the broiler on high heat. When blackened, place in a bowl and cover to cool. Remove the blackened skin with a paper towel, halve and seed.
Make the dressing: In a food processor, combine the roasted pepper, vinegar, hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, EVOO, Old Bay, and celery salt and black pepper to taste.
Make the salad: In a bowl, toss together the dressing, crab, onion, and celery.
Make the sandwiches: Grill or toast the rolls and butter them. Fill with crab salad and lettuce.