This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 bottle (1 to 2 quarts) tomato or spicy vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 ounces aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch (around 8 leaves) fresh basil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) Calabrian chili paste
- Vodka, to serve
- Bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella balls), to garnish
- Fresh crab claw, to garnish
Pour tomato juice into a pitcher.
Muddle the horseradish, celery salt, balsamic vinegar and pepper at the bottom of a sealable pitcher or container. Add basil and muddle again. Add the remaining ingredients, shake well and strain into the pitcher to serve.
To serve, pour 1 1/2 ounces of vodka into an ice-filled rocks glass. Fill with tomato mixture, stir gently and garnish with a fresh basil sprig and a bocconcini on a spear and a fresh crab claw.
Make a pitcher of this mix ahead of time and you can add the vodka by the glass when you serve.