Creamy Corn with Chiles
- 6 ears corn
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 red Fresno chile, finely chopped, plus more sliced, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño chile, finely chopped, plus more sliced, for garnish
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups stock
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Scrape the kernels from the corn. Reserve one of the cobs and break it into pieces. In a skillet, heat the EVOO (4 turns of the pan) over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels, chiles, scallions, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and lime zest. Sauté that for 10 minutes.
Add the reserved cob and the stock, cover, and cook another 10 minutes to cream the corn. Remove the cob and bay leaf, stir in the butter, lime juice, and parsley. Serve garnished with sliced chiles.