Creamy Crimini Dip
This party dip is decadent and delicious.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound crimini (baby portabello) mushrooms caps, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 splash good quality dry sherry
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- A palmful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 package rye bread party squares
Toast the almonds in a small skillet until lightly browned. Remove and reserve.
Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it, then add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the flour to the mushrooms and cook for a minute or two, add the sherry and then stir in the half-and-half and cook until thickened. Season the dip with the salt and pepper.
Remove the dip from the heat, stir in the almonds, nutmeg and parsley, and pour into a serving bowl. Serve immediately with the rye bread party squares.