Crispy Noodles Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing
This salad goes well with grilled meats and burgers (especially Tuna Burgers with Ginger and Soy), or you can add chicken to it and make a light summertime meal.
- 6 cups mixed baby greens (1 sack)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fried noodles, any size, available in bulk bins or on the Asian foods aisle of the grocery store
- 2 tablespoons sweet plum sauce or duck sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, cider vinegar or white vinegar may be substituted
- 1/3 cup light oil, peanut, canola or vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl, combine greens, bean sprouts, carrot, radishes, scallions, red bell pepper and half of the fried noodles.
Whisk together plum or duck sauce and vinegar in a smaller bowl. Stream in oil and continue whisking to combine.
Dress salad and toss with salt and pepper, to your taste. Serve salad with remaining crispy noodles, as garnish.