Crostini Bar: Puttanesca Bruschetta
Fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olives, capers, onions and more are just the right mix for this Italian classic. For a crostini bar sampler, serve atop Crostini Toasts with Crostini Bar: Mushroom “Paté,”Crostini Bar: Raw Zucchini and Corn Crostini Topper, White Bean and Sesame Spread and Crostini Bar: Smoky Eggplant and Roasted Garlic Spread.
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 heirloom plum or large hothouse plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- A handful of caper berries, drained and quartered or sliced or 3 tablespoons capote capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- A few leaves basil, torn or chopped
- 1 small Fresno or Italian hot cherry pepper, seeded and chopped
- A handful of oil-cured black olives, pitted and finely chopped
With a fork or whisk, combine the anchovy and garlic paste with the EVOO in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, capers, parsley, onion, basil, chili pepper and olives and toss to combine. Serve with charred or toasted bread.