Crostini Bar: Raw Zucchini and Corn Crostini Topper
It doesn’t get easier than this: try Rach’s fresh and fantastic no-cook mixture of veggies and herbs mixed with a lemon-garlic olive oil dressing! For a crostini bar sampler, serve atop Crostini Toasts with Crostini Bar: Smoky Eggplant and Roasted Garlic Spread, Crostini Bar: Mushroom “Paté,”White Bean and Sesame Spread and Crostini Bar: Puttanesca Bruschetta.
- About 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound firm zucchini, seeded, if necessary, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob, kernels scraped
- 3-4 scallions, whites and greens finely chopped
- 1 small Fresno or Italian cherry pepper chili, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the EVOO, garlic and lemon juice. Add the mint, parsley, zucchini, corn, scallions and chili pepper, if using, and season liberally with salt and lightly with pepper. Toss to combine. Transfer to serving bowl and serve with charred or toasted bread.