- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound, packaged chorizo, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 bottle beer
- 4 Portuguese rolls or 2 sandwich sized English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 deli-cut slices Swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat with EVOO, 1 turn of the pan. Add pork and brown, 3-4 minutes. Add chorizo, onions, garlic and season mixture with cumin, allspice, salt and pepper, to taste, and cook 7-8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, cook a minute then add beer.
Arrange bread on baking sheet. Toast the split bread a bit, top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and Swiss cheese, return to oven and melt 2-3 minutes.
Mix pickles with mustard. Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat. To melted butter, add eggs and fry to desired doneness.
Top Cubano hash with relish and fried egg and serve.