Cubano-Style Monte Cristo
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 rounded tablespoons yellow mustard, preferred brand Sir Kensington
- 8 slices good quality white bread, each 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- Dill relish or sliced dill pickles, preferred brands Wickles (relish) or Vlasic stackers (pickles)
- 8 slices deli-sliced Emmentaler Swiss cheese
- 8 slices leftover spiral ham, trimmed to fit bread or 12 thin slices baked ham from deli, folded to fit bread
- Butter, for grilling
Hot Honey Dipper:
- 1 cup honey, warmed
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
Whisk up eggs, salt and pepper with yellow mustard. Build sandwiches: bread, relish or pickles, cheese, ham, cheese, bread. Heat a griddle pan or skillet over medium heat and add butter to melt. Coat sandwiches in egg and cook until golden and cheese melts.
Combine honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Serve alongside sandwiches for drizzling and dipping.