Earthy Portobello Salad with Prosciutto
Serve with Creamy Spaghetti and Beans.
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced but not shaved
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 6 ribs celery from heart with leafy tops, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Truffle oil (found in tiny bottles in larger grocery and specialty stores), for drizzling (optional)
Heat broiler. Arrange the prosciutto on foil covered baking sheet and broil to make crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Reserve.
Arrange the thinly sliced vegetables on a platter with parsley and arugula. Dress the salad with lemon juice, EVOO and salt and pepper. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired – it makes a very tasty drizzle over the top of this salad! Break up the crispy prosciutto and scatter over the salad. Serve.