- 1 large, firm eggplant
- Salt and pepper
- Grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning
- 1 cup semi-soft garlic and herb cheese, such as Alouette or Boursin brand
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 6-8 soft sundried tomatoes, chopped (tender sundried tomatoes are available in small pouches in produce department)
- 2 cups arugula leaves, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
Pre-heat a grill pan over high heat.
Thinly slice the eggplant, a minimum of 18 slices. Season with salt, pepper and the grill seasoning blend. Grill the thin slices to tenderize the eggplant, 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Combine the cheeses, black pepper (a few grinds) and sundried tomatoes. Top each slice of cooked eggplant with a dab of cheese and some arugula and basil, then roll them up. The eggplant roll-ups should have a few greens sticking out of both ends.