Elsa’s Chicken Soup with Broken Spaghetti
This meal can be made with the extra poached chicken from when you made Elsa’s Chicken Curry dish.
- Leftover pot of veggies, broth and chopped up poached chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti, broken into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- Red beans
- White beans
- Frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted and drained
- Frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- Frozen peas, defrosted
- Grated cheese, plus additional to pass at table
Bring the pot of veggies, broth and chicken up to a boil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the broken pasta and cooks it until al dente according to package directions.
Stir in whatever you have in the pantry (the soup is, of course, great as is, but the volume and vitamins can always be bumped up with the addition of any number of mix-ins).
Allow the soup to simmer a couple minutes more to heat the mix-ins through, then serve it up, passing cheese at the table alongside.