Everything Salmon Burgers with Scallion Sour Cream-Cream Cheese Sauce
Serve with Honey Dijon Potato Salad.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each), cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Green leaf lettuce, for topping
- Sliced beefsteak or vine-ripened tomato, for topping
- Sliced red onion, for topping
- Crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
Pre-heat the outdoor grill, if using, to medium-high and prepare the grill with cooking spray. Indoors, use a large skillet rather than a grill pan and pre-heat with a drizzle of EVOO to medium-high heat.
Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse to coarse grind the meat. Transfer the fish to a mixing bowl and season with the grill seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and dill. Mix and form four patties. Drizzle the burgers with EVOO.
Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, or 4-5 minutes on each side for fully cooked fish.
While the burgers cook, in a bowl, combine the cream cheese and the scallions, then fold in the sour cream and lemon juice.
Top the burgers with the lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce and serve on crusty, toasted buns.