Everything Veggie Cream Cheese
Fill up your favorite kind of bagel with fresh veggie-bacon cream cheese!
- 4 of your favorite bagels (I love whole wheat everything bagels!)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 3 radishes
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 8 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
Slice the bagels in half, remove the “guts” (the bread) from the inside and toast.
Put the cream cheese in a medium size mixing bowl and, using a microplane or box grater, grate the radish and carrot into the bowl. Add the red pepper, celery, scallions, bacon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper; and mix until combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of the bagel and top with tomato, lettuce and onion and bagel top.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit