Feed-A-Neighbor Turkey and Veggie Chili
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
Share this nutritious, delicious chili with family, friends or a neighbor in need. This dollar-stretcher recipe will feed a crowd and was created by Rach to kick off the 9 Million Meals challenge!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 2 pounds 94% lean ground turkey
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, such as Gebhardt’s (3 palmfuls)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (a palmful)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 mild pepper, such as red field or bell, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen fire-roasted corn kernels or 2 large ears corn, kernels scraped
- 1 can crushed or fire-roasted tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 cups chicken stock or turkey stock
- Hot sauce, to taste
Heat a deep pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil, two turns of the pan, to the pot. Add the ground turkey and brown and crumble with a spoon or potato masher. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and coriander; stir to toast the spices. Add the onion, peppers, garlic, zucchini and jalapeños; partially cover and cook to soften, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes and stock and bring to a bubble. Simmer until ready to serve. Season with hot sauce, to taste.