Fennel and Red Onion Salad with Cran-Balsamic Dressing
Enjoy the fall flavors of this tangy salad, perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish! It’s great the next day too, as the fennel and red onion are hearty enough to stand up to the dressing.
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced by hand or with mandoline
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced by hand or with mandoline
- 1 large or 2 small hearts of romaine, chopped
In a medium size bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and vinegar, whisk in the EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Add the fennel, onion and romaine and toss to coat.