Filet of Beef Milanese and Garlicky Oven Fries
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved or 2 large Russet potatoes, each cut into 10 wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon each granulated garlic and granulated onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon Balsamic drizzle
- 1 pound center-cut beef tenderloin, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano, divided 12 leaves sage, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups arugula and/or baby kale
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 425°F with a baking sheet inside.
In a mixing bowl, dress the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, granulated garlic and onion, salt and pepper. Scatter potatoes on the hot baking sheet and roast 30 minutes, turning once.
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the ketchup and balsamic vinegar; reserve.
While potatoes roast, pound beef between plastic or wax paper to 1/4-inch thick.
Combine breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup grated cheese, sage, salt and pepper.
Set up a breading station: Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, whisk up eggs in another dish and place the breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated cheese, the sage, salt and pepper in a third dish. Dredge the beef slices first in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
Heat remaining 4 tablespoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the 4 cutlets together (if pan is large enough) or heat half the oil and cook 2 cutlets at a time then repeat with the remaining oil and cutlets.
When tender, remove potatoes from oven and toss with remaining 1/4 cup grated cheese, parsley and thyme.
Dress the greens with juice of 1/2 lemon and a drizzle of EVOO and sea salt. Cut remaining 1/2 lemon into wedges.
Top steaks with greens and serve with a wedge of lemon. Serve fries with balsamic ketchup alongside.