French-Style Tuna Melt
The basic tuna melt gets a makeover with this delicious combination of flavors!
- 1/2 French baguette, split lengthwise
- 2 cans solid white albacore tuna in water (6 ounces each), drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup store-bought black olive tapenade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves (a small handful), chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
Pre-heat broiler to medium-high.
Remove most of the soft bread “guts” from each side of the baguette and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer the sheet to the oven and broil until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
Once the bread is toasted, combine the tuna, black olive tapenade, lemon juice, EVOO, shallot, parsley and thyme in a bowl and season with a little black pepper.
Spread the tuna mixture over the dug-out part of the toasted baguette, top with the sliced tomatoes and Brie cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.