Fried Polenta Discs with Mascarpone Cheese
Serve this flavorful polenta recipe with Cod with Fennel, Dill and Tomato.
- 1 log prepared polenta (24 ounces), plain or flavored, available in refrigerated section at the grocery store
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tub mascarpone cheese (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers, jarred, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian cracked or pitted green olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pitted oil-cured black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Cut polenta into 1/2-inch slices. Add EVOO, one turn of the pan, and butter to skillet. Season the discs with a little salt. Brown and crisp polenta discs on both sides, three minutes on each side.
Mix mascarpone with the half-and-half, capers and lemon zest. Combine chopped roasted red peppers, green and black olives and parsley in a separate small bowl.
To serve, layer polenta discs with spoonfuls of the cheese on a plate and garnish with chopped olives and peppers.