Garden Salad with Orange-Dijon Vinaigrette
Fresh garden veggies and herbs are enhanced with a vinaigrette dressing touched with orange marmalade and Dijon mustard. Serve with Sloppy Lasagna.
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large or 3 small hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3-4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herb or herbs: parsley, basil, dill, tarragon – whatever is on hand (optional)
In a large serving bowl, whisk together the marmalade, mustard, Worcestershire, red wine vinegar, EVOO and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the lettuce, celery, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and herbs, if using. Toss and adjust the seasonings. Serve.