Garlic Lovers Shrimp
This easy-to-prepare dish smells as good as it tastes! You can serve these shrimp as part of a meal, or as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 12-15 cloves garlic, cracked away from skins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (30 pieces), peeled and deveined, ask for easy-peel shrimp
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper
Process garlic in food processor to finely chop.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, about two turns of the pan, and butter, followed by crushed pepper flakes.
Season shrimp with salt and toss to coat. Add shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and heads curl to tails. Add black pepper, to your taste. Serve immediately.