Giant Chicken Taco Nachos
A tostada is like a mega size nacho: a tortilla topped with beans or meat and cheese and veggies. Try this simple, fun Mexican-American meal with your family and friends. Each Taco Nacho is made on a crispy baked flour tortilla rather than corn chips. It’s topped with chicken and taco sauce, cheese and salad – Yum-Olé!
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), some to brush tortillas, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup mild taco sauce or salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 small heart of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 scallions, snipped with kitchen scissors or chopped
- 4 rounded spoonfuls sliced green olives with pimento
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Lightly brush a little EVOO onto the tortillas and place them on a baking sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and crisp up the tortillas, 5 minutes.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken and taco sauce for 5 minutes .
Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup of the saucy chicken and lots of cheese. Have a grown-up helper (GH) place the hot baking sheet back in the oven and bake 3-4 minutes more to melt the cheese.
Place each Giant Chicken Taco Nacho on a dinner plate and top with lettuce, scallions and olives.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.