- 1 box prepared gingerbread mix, batter prepared according to the package directions for cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered confectioners’ sugar
- Shaved crystalized ginger, for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Divide the prepared cake batter into nonstick muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. The batter will make 8-10 muffins, depending on the size of your tin. Turn the muffins out of the tins to quick-cool.
Beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, nutmeg, orange zest and vanilla with a hand mixer at medium speed. Beat in the sugar until the frosting is fluffy. Frost the cupcakes and top with the crystalized ginger.