Greek Burgers with Feta Sauce
Greek-style chimichurri and feta sauce pack a delicious flavor punch. You can also serve the three-ingredient sauce with cut veggies, pita chips or dolloped on salad.
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2-2 pounds ground lamb, chicken or beef
- Salt and pepper
For the feta sauce:
- 1 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
For the fixin’s:
- Toasted ciabatta rolls or grilled flat bread or toasted onion rolls
- Lettuce, tomato and red onion
Pre-heat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
In a food processor, combine the oregano, red pepper, parsley, mint, shallot, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and lemon zest and pulse into a fine chimichurri sauce. Place the meat in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Combine with the herb mixture and form patties.
Combine the feta sauce ingredients in a clean food processor bowl and process into a creamy sauce.
Cook the burgers to desired doneness, 7-8 minutes for pink center on lamb or beef, 10-12 minutes for fully cooked chicken. Serve on toasted rolls or bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce.